Re: [IMPORTANT] Moving to Subversion

Quoting Geert Stappers (stappers@stappers.nl):

> GNU Arch would it made easy to avoid a single point of failure
> like one single repostory server.

As far as I have read arch is completely different syntax than CVS or
SVN....

A CVS->SVN move has the advantage of not requiring a very important
knwoledge. Syntax are compatibles and the transition is easy even for
people which have a very basic use of the repository.

There are dozens of commiters in d-i, so we should take care of
keeping them with us. Most of them (I should write "most of us") are
translators, and often not higly skilled in those tools use....so
let's be a bit conservative, imho.