[IMPORTANT] Moving to Subversion

Hi all,

Joey and I are interested in converting our CVS repository for
debian-installer to a Subversion repository, for more robust work while
offline, the all important 'svn st' without the lag of connecting to
alioth, etc. (And just because Subversion is better, so nyah.)

We decided on IRC that we would have a certain flag day where the
repository would be locked, the metadata would be converted, and the
Subversion repository set up to this effect.

First of all, is anybody strongly opposed to this? Second, if not, when
would be the best day for everyone for this to be done? It obviously
puts a crimp in our work because the repository has to be locked while
the conversion occurs.

Hoping that this doesn't become a SCM flamewar,

--
Joshua Kwan