Re: anna's hard-coded priority list of retreivers

"Chris Tillman" <toff1@cox.net> writes:

> On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 08:27:47PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> >
> > Since in your case the detecting of a network card comes up empty
> > neither configuration nor retriever should be triggered. I somehow see
> > this unwanted, unneeded and harmfull triggering of other menu items
> > when selecting something in main-menu as a big problem. I guess there
> > are some bugs in there or the code is broken by design. Like main-menu
> > configuring the kernel-modules when you select "execute a shell", or
> > your case (might not neccessarily related but feel the same). Its
> > awfully confusing for the user that selecting A will do some realy
> > wild things B, C, D, E and fail (which is why you selected A in the
> > first place).
>
> I agree, it's not good to surprise the user. If we want to warn
> them that the dependent item has not been configured, and offer
> to go there, that would be better.

Maybe when selecting an item that triggers more than one item it could
show an info message stating all the items it will do in what order
and check them off as it goes.

Below, above or beneeth the usual progress bar would be good.

Is there any debug output what items get triggered? Can't seem to find
it in all that output, might be scrolling by before I can switch
console.

> Execute a Shell should not be dependent on anything, though.

Yep. And reboot/quit too.

MfG
        Goswin