Re: anna's hard-coded priority list of retreivers

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 08:27:47PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> Since in your case the detecting of a network card comes up empty
> neither configuration nor retriever should be triggered. I somehow see
> this unwanted, unneeded and harmfull triggering of other menu items
> when selecting something in main-menu as a big problem. I guess there
> are some bugs in there or the code is broken by design. Like main-menu
> configuring the kernel-modules when you select "execute a shell", or
> your case (might not neccessarily related but feel the same). Its
> awfully confusing for the user that selecting A will do some realy
> wild things B, C, D, E and fail (which is why you selected A in the
> first place).

I agree, it's not good to surprise the user. If we want to warn
them that the dependent item has not been configured, and offer
to go there, that would be better.

Execute a Shell should not be dependent on anything, though.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
  By the People, For the People