Re: Installation report on two macs

* Giuseppe Sacco <eppesuigoccas@libero.it> [2003-08-31 12:55]:
| trying to solve this problem we found that in build/powerpc/yaboot.conf
| the line 'append="init=/linuxrc"' is missing. This line is required in
| order to properly boot the powerbook.
well, I have the same problem on my ibook some days ago. For me this
looks like a kernelbug, because my self-compiled benh kernel works fine
with the current configuration.
The commited build/boot/powerpc/cdrom-yaboot.conf works on iBooks, I can
test, if the changes you are propose also works. If so, we can simply
include the append paramter.

| Once the kernel boot we found impossible to load any modules. This is
| because the busybox-cvs-udeb.udeb was compiled without
| lsmod/rmmod/modprobe/insmod. We then tried to find the correct source of
| busybox byt this seems to be impossible: the source from unstable are
| older than the version printed during the boot by the udeb downloaded
| from the archive.

imho, busybox-cvs doesn't support lsmod and friends on powerpc archs.
Thats why these binaries are not included in the udeb. Two ways to solv
this problem:
1. fix busybox-cvs :)
2. install the modutils udebs (modutils-basic, modutils-full)

Bye
Thorsten

--
Thorsten Sauter