Broken rules in d-i/utils/

I just discovered the following part of d-i/utils/, included in
version 0.18:

        # di-utils-partitioner
        install -d \
                debian/di-utils-partitioner/usr/share/debian-installer/partapps
        for f in `find partapps/* -type f -a ! -name "archmaps.txt" -maxdepth 0
-print`; do \
                cp -v $$f \
                debian/di-utils-partitioner/usr/share/debian-installer/partapps; \
        done
        cd debian/di-utils-partitioner/usr/share/debian-installer/partapps && \
        cat partapps/archmaps.txt | while read $LINE; do \
                set -- $$LINE; \
                ln -s $$2 $$1; \
        done

This do not work.  First of all 'read $LINE' should read 'read LINE'.
Second, first doing 'cd partapps' and then 'cat partapps/archmaps.txt'
is broken.  Third, the file archmaps.txt is missing.  The blamelist
point at tsauter and the date 2003-02-25.

I was planning to upload the new version to get a version of
di-utils-shell which uses the new cdebconf, but became unsure when I
found this strange code.

Is it safe to upload debian-installer-utils?