full disk, how can I delete if I cannot boot up?, or how to interrrupt boot

         hi that one that I had sent before, now as txtmail :-),

as a very new user, type:housewive, I wanted to install

debian on my laptop, everything went fine, I made disk partitions (only for linux) because I heard it is better to separate partitions for boot sector, swap, and userfiles....

I have made four partitions for linux, and left the one existing compaq partition of BIOS stuff/compaq diagnostics untouched...

then a 600Mb for the bootable linux

then 150MB for swap linux

and then another two logical partitions of the remaining disk (together approx. 3.3Gb)

I booted with "woody" first disk, everything fine, produced a boot diskette, and then went on to install further packages: the desktop environment, tex/LaTex, and others

at the end I got a message saying, that something went wrong with installing the packages, and it suggested to just retry installing the stuff which I did, but in the end I jsut got messages that it was unable to write to disk because disk was full.

(I think I made the error of just letting debian decide where to put things, and wanted too much, and then my disk was full)

I want to do it better, but I cannot restart the computer and delete stuff, neither from the CD, nor from the boot disk (which then goes to the root section on the harddisk (hda)

in the booting process recognizes all partitions and then stops 5 min because tried to respawn to fast, tries another ten files and stops for five min because respawn to fast...

what can I do to delete the stuff and start all over????

--
Practice no-action;
Attend to do-nothing;

Deal with the difficult while it is yet easy;
Deal with the great while it is yet small;

Dao De Jing "Chapter 63"
visit: http://triple5.org

Jetzt bei WEB.DE FreeMail anmelden = 1qm Regenwald schutzen! Helfen
Sie mit! Nutzen Sie den Serien-Testsieger. http://user.web.de/Regenwald