Re: gtk frontend status report

+++ Michael Cardenas [29/12/02 03:05 -0800]:
* I've finally managed to build, but not test, udebs for glib, pango,
* and gtk+-directfb.
*
* After building 3 udebs, I finally have an idea of how it should be
* done, I think.
*
* I've uploaded all of them to:
*
* people.debian.org/~mbc/udebs
*
* These still need a lot of work, and they need to be combined with some
* udebs from Sebastian, but we're making some progress.
*
* If someone could take a look at these and send some complaints, tips,
* suggestions, flames, etc, I would greatly appreciate it. Again, I'm
* not an expert in gnome or on library packages, so I could really use
* any advice. I've emailed the maintainers for some of these packages,
* and not gotten much response.

I checked your 'libglib' udeb and fear that its not build according to udeb
specification (NOTE: I haven't yet build a udeb and my comments are merely
based on the doc):

In doc it says:
@ udebs should not contain control files such as preinst, postrm and prerm
@ Udebs should not include .md5sum files.
@ Udebs should declare dependancies on everything they
  depend on (this includes depending on ash, busybox, etc).

You will get an idea on how to build udeb here:
http://cvs.debian.org/debian-installer/doc/modules.txt?rev=1.11&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Cheers,
madhu
--