Re: [d-i] libdebian-installer2

* Martin Sjögren

| I've added priority parsing to libd-i, which is yet another
| interface-changing addition, but since libd-i2 hasn't been uploaded yet,
| and neither have the packages that depend on it, I haven't increased the
| soversion.
|
| This will probably break some things, but I intend to have as policy not
| to increase soversion more than once per version! Since we release
| often, the soversion will increase rapidly anyway, and it's only
| CVS-users who will have problems with this.

we don't need to bump soversion at all, unless we make
backward-incompatible changes.  just bump minor (and don't change the
packaging name).  Also, fix shlibs to depend on that version or
later.

| Is my thinking flawed? If so, please back out my commits and do
| something different. I committed it because I'm going to a convention
| and wanted this up and running in the next upload of libd-i.

I'll run through a few installs and check if things are holding
together.  If they are, you're going to see a few uploads in a couple
of hours.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-