Re: b-f one-liner needs translating

Il Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 04:57:37PM +0100, Claus Hindsgaul ha scritto:

> Do we really need this chopping languages away?
>
> The problem is that we can't include all languages on a single b-f set
> for the most widespread architecture (1.44 disks on i386).
>
> Wouldn't it be a much better solution to split up the affected root
> disks in two parallel official LC-enabled versions offering a different
> set of languages (English should be common, I guess). That way we dont
> have to abandon any language due to simple space considerations. Maybe
> we could split it into European and Others (yes, I know that several
> European languages are spoken all around the world...)

Yes, in debian-italian we were talking about many possible solutions and
we pointed to this as the best solution. The second best solution is to
create a disk per language/country. The second solution will of course
require some more space but could be really powerfull including in the
single disk not only the language but also good defaults for the
character set, the locale and the keyboard.

Bye,
Giuseppe

P.S. I compiled for the first time the b-f and I found that 'make
checks' doesn't check the availability of sudo. Where may I correct this
in order to do the check?