Re: makiing boot-floppies in a clean chroot

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 07:22:12PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 07:06:25 +0100
> Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> wrote:
> > > EXTRACT_LIST_i386_non-i18n-mixed-build:slang1-utf8
> >
> > This file is gone.

if you mean scripts/rootdisk/EXTRACT_LIST_i386_non-i18n-mixed-build then
i submit to you that it is _not_ gone.

if you mean slang1-utf8, then i agree wholeheartedly, in sid. woody
still has slang1-utf8_1.4.4-7_i386.deb available for it, however.

> > > how to fix, and am i the only one that is seeing these problems?
> > > and if so, _why_ am i the only one?
> >
> > I dunno. Try with a fresh CVS snapshot please.

it was there yesterday.

trying in the same clean sid chroot (updated as of yesterday sometime)
with a fresh CVS checkout, everything seems to be going along fine.

now, how long is it going to be before b-f builds against woody? i'm
assuming that this is some variant of a release-criteria. if not, it
should be.

when are we going to freeze the boot-floppie dependencies? i know that
it's up to aj as to when the freeze proceedes, but isn't b-f somewhere
in base? or do we get special casing?

> I don't know how he got it, but he seemed to be
> building with a "woody" chroot, which doesn't have the
> necessary versions.

i have both a woody and sid chroot. it was building with neither.

> I thought dpkg-checkbuilddeps should be able to detect the problems...

woody chroot was never happy with make check, until yesterday. but it
is unhappy again today.

looks like slang1-utf8-pic and libnewt-utf8-pic are the unhappy campers.
(this is for i386)

sid + whiptail + libnewt-utf8-0 libnewt-utf8-dev libnewt-utf8-pic
is not happy. since whiptail wants libnewt0, which conflicts with the
rest.

*uhg*

-john