Re: Disabling vga16 in the boot config

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 04:56:01PM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> Since base-config currently does not make any use of the language
> (correct me if I am wrong), is there anything speaking against it?

IMHO this is a Bug in boot-floopys.

I test today a woody CD. Nice work. I can choose some kernel files
(multiboot CDs) and I can choose some languages...

But after the reboot, debconf is in english (and not in german). Debconf
have already translated messages and it support this on a normal system.

This english text is a bug. Maybe a unset LANG, maybe a LANG with a
wrong value or a missing lib etc.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
"Ein Computer ist nunmal ein Hochgeschwindigkeitstrottel."