Re: packages required in installation (Re: apt-utils in debootstrap)

Le Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 08:42:44PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa écrivait:
> By the way, shouldn't the task file creation be automated ?

The task files are not meant to be automatically created. We should
do that for the file listing the packages required by debootstrap
but even automating it is not enough. The system on which you run
debian-cd may not have the latest debootstrap that will be included.

So from time to time we have to update the tasks/base-woody file.
And we update it with the script included in the comment of the top
of the file :
for arch in alpha arm i386 ia64 m68k powerpc sparc mips mipsel hppa s390
do
    echo "#ifdef ARCH_$arch"
    debootstrap --arch $arch --print-debs $CODENAME | tr ' ' '\n'
    echo "#endif"
    echo ""
done

> Because I was talking with Manoj, and he seemed to have had
> some missing files on the first CD that he was testing with.

It's possible. I'll update it. Is that from long ago ?

Cheers,