end-of-story (USB keyboard support on complicated hardware)

> > And now tell, how should this be used? Initrd is on the second floppy,
> > syslinux and the kernel is on the first. The default behaviour is to
> > load the kernel from the main disk, and not do anything with another
> > exchangeble disks.
>
> Huh? This works exactly the same way as it does now.  You put in the

It does not for me. It works the same was as usuall: loads and starts
the kernel immediately, no initrd loading.

> boot disk first, then when it comes around to load the initrd, it
> prompts you and you put in the second disk.

Did you test it?

> > drivers/block/rd.c, and it still would tell you to change the disk (before
> > the keyboard driver is loaded). YOU ARE THE MAINTAINER, YOU SHOULD KNOW
> > THIS.
>
> No it wouldn't, for the same reason why it doesn't prompt you for a root
> disk in the case of a CD with our resc2880 file.

Recently, I was able to test USB keyboard emulation
on different machines. On my system, it fails in most cases (that is why
I wanted to have the drivers). Sometimes but very seldom, the keyboard
wakes up after some time and IMHO only when the kernel which is running
does not have any USB support (weird, I know). Similar on another box
(Epox boards). Suprisingly, it works on another machine flawlessly. So I
assume there is something in the linux kernel which confuses the
hardware, since the emulation works flawless under DOS.

Okay, I am fed up with this conversation. If you don't like my
suggestion, okay. I managed to get USB support in current BFs, so it
will work for users with similar problems, even if not with _your_
kernels. It does not work with floppy disks, but the users with
legacy-free systems will probably not have any floppy drives though.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
<Alfie> Und mal wieder ein paar Pakete, die sich nicht mal installieren
        lassen....