Re: end-of-story (USB keyboard support on complicated hardware)

On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 11:24:01PM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> Okay, I am fed up with this conversation. If you don't like my
> suggestion, okay. I managed to get USB support in current BFs, so it
> will work for users with similar problems, even if not with _your_
> kernels. It does not work with floppy disks, but the users with
> legacy-free systems will probably not have any floppy drives though.
>
> Gruss/Regards,
> Eduard.
> --

Before you get away, Eduard: what if anything do I need to document
about this problem in the install manual? How about:

The USB keyboard driver subsystem on some machines doesn't start up
quickly enough during the boot process to be available when the prompt
is given to insert the root disk. If you have a USB keyboard and get
no response at the root disk prompt, try attaching a regular (AT)
keyboard in order to enter <Return>. Then the AT keyboard can be
detached.

|            Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com          |