Re: Install manual organization

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 03:02:19AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> >  4.5 Example Partitioning
> > delete ->  4.6 Partitioning Prior to Installation (we recommend
> > using Debian partitioning tools)
>
> Not always true!  See the discussion Ethan and I had.  See my comments
> above.  We should have a dual-booting section, which links into the
> work folks did in chapter 3.

i think what he means is you should always create linux partitions
with linux tools.  MacOS's partitioner does not create linux
partitions correctly, a bootable system can't be made if the user uses
drive setup to create the linux partitions.

> See 81029 about some suggestions here.  We should add info on
> configuring the mouse, configuring CD-ROM (if not already),
> configuring X11.  These should each be new sections.

a note about this fscking /dev/input nonsense......

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/