Re: powermac boot-floppy patches

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 12:25:15AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 09:02:02PM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
>
> i changed around the tests some.. i think this needs to be done
> differently anyway.

I think I'll go back to putting the checks in
check_for_native_partition, then we can keep them in a loop (if they
want) until they get it right. The only problem is it's called for each
disk being partitioned. But hey, worst case they get multiple warnings.

> hmm, setting output-device and input-device could be useful, but only
> on machines that it will work on.  for say a 7200 its useless since
> they have aboslutely no ability to display to the monitor at all.
> changing these variables would in fact be harmful in those cases as it
> disables the dumb terminal attached to the serial port.  (every
> oldworld owner should have a dumb terminal)

> so overall i think this is probably not a good idea, at least right
> now.

I was thinking about breaking it out by model, but if you don't think
it's worth it, then I happily won't do it.

I re-worked your readlink code. readlink doesn't append a null or
include the initial /. I just sorta hacked it in, so feel free to blow
it away. I don't get what the strrchr bit is about, but maybe more
coffee will help.

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>