Re: with LANGUAGE_CHOOSER, garbage displayed in alt-F3

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 11:09:03PM +0800, ha shao wrote:
> The virtual console at alt-F3 does not handle unicode. As
> a result, any dboostrap error messages output into that
> vc cannot be displayed correctly.

This is a problem. The only solution I can think of is to run
bterm on tty3 as well and then somehow pipe the messages
through it. I don't know if that would be possible, though.

> BTW: How can I turn on LANGUAGE_CHOOSER/framebuffer for other
> 'flavors'? I am to have udma66 build for LANGUAGE_CHOOSER.
> Now I can only 'test' the error messages about 'failure on
> finding hard drives'. Thanks.

You will need to turn FB support for that flavor on (i.e. build
a new flavor with stuff you need and FB), then I think adding
its name to line 95 of rootdisk.sh will suffice.

regards

Marcin
--
Marcin Owsiany <porridge@pandora.info.bielsko.pl>