Re: Replacing ae

Hi

Eray Ozkural (exa) schrieb:
> One thing though. Make sure that the editor in there works flawlessly
> over network connections... Might be convenient for cluster guys here :)

It should work over fucked up serial consoles as well (ie only
alphanumerics and Escape). This is particulary important for
platforms like sparc.

> Nowadays I find that almost no editor works well over a normal
> telnet/ssh connection.

You are using the wrong editors it seems ;).

Every editor I used recently (some vi clones and nano) work
pretty well over 9600 serial console, thus they should work over
network connections as well.

ciao, 2ri
--
"I'm not going to ride on a magic carpet! I'm afraid of grounds!"
"You mean heights, and stop being silly!"