Re: busybox wget

On Wed Dec 06, 2000 at 04:43:38PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> So I'm looking at busybox wget, with an eye to using it as the core of
> the http retreiver. Observations:
>
> * The chunked transfer encoding thing is a killer. Seems to break it on
>   a pretty large number of web sites. I guess you know about this
>   though.

Looks like tausq has already fixed the other bugs before I
even saw that there was a problem (thanks Randolph!).

For the chunked issue, the thing is that we are not using busybox wget to visit
slashdot, but rather we will be using it to pull down files.  Files don't
experience chunked transfer encoding, since there is only one chunk (unlike
slashdot).  So I think a much better test of what is or is not a killer is to
grab files from a debian archive...

One thing you missed, which is critical, is proxy support...

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee@debian.org