[debian installer] main menu

Just thought I'd mention I now have a rudimentary little 6k program written
that uses debconf to display the main menu for the installer, after
processing the status file and sorting it in various ways to properly order
the menu. Here is it running on a sample status file I've check into cvs:

joey@kite:~/debian/packages/debian-installer/main-menu>DEBIAN_FRONTEND=text make demo
cc -Wall -g   -c -o debconf.o debconf.c
cc -Wall -g   -c -o main-menu.o main-menu.c
cc -Wall -g   -c -o status.o status.c
cc -o main-menu debconf.o main-menu.o status.o
/usr/share/debconf/frontend ./main-menu
Configuring
------------

Here is the main menu of the Debian installer.

  s. Setup the network manually
  a. Setup the network with DHCP
  c. Configure installation media
  p. Partition disk
  f. Format and mount partitions
  i. Install base system
  b. Install lilo
  m. Make a rescue floppy
  r. Reboot the system

Choose the next step:

If you're wondering why it put the network setup stuff first -- the configure
installation media step depends on a retreiver module, of which there are two
listed in the status file: http-retreiver and floppy-retreiver. http-retreiver
depends on network, which is provided by the two network setup packages.

It doesn't yet know how to pick the default item or what to do once an item
is picked; I'll be adding code for that next.

For an example of how changing the status file can dynamically change the
menu order, here's what happens if I edit the status file so
"format-partitions" depends on "rescue-floppy" (not that that makes any
sense..):

--
see shy jo