Re: Directory structure

> Note that the first release cycle will start in two weeks, and I'd like to see
> this implemented by then.

Hi Anne,

Have you seen how the latest boot-floppies structure is laid out? is it
acceptable?

we don't arrange the directories like your proposal because (at least, this
is my understanding) there are a lot of files that are shared amongst
flavors and subarchs (base-*.bin and drivers*bin in some cases). I would
think you need to create many symlinks or copies in your proposal for the
images to show up in obvious places.

Granted our current layout may not be optimal, I don't know if it's
advisable to change the directory structure (again) so late into the release
cycle unless there are real release-critical issues.

Just my 0.00002 cents.
randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>