Re: win32 http server

Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> None of these suggestions make sense, but I see what you're driving
> it.  We really do need to add documentation on how to take the
> boot-floppies area and turning that into an HTTP arrangement.  All you
> really have to do is grab all the stuff, i.e., from
> /debian/dists/potato/main/disks-<arch>/current, and serve that up via
> HTTP, probably from the URL /debian/.
>
> Voila?
>
> Why bother, in that case, with specific instructions for proprietary
> web servers, of which there are about a million?  Why bother with some
> crazy proprietary Java solution?
>
> --
> .....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onShore.com.....<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>

I agree with you, but i just have one thing to add that may be of
interest.

Yesterday i started looking into python, it looks pretty damn sweet, i
now think Java is a python wannabe.

After a quick check, Python runs on just about every platform ive heard
of, on heaps of os's.

Python is an interpreted, oo scripting langage, it uses dynamic modules.

There are a heap of python apps (modules) that could be usefull for
boot-floppies.
there is a python-newt module i was playing with yesterday. There are is
also good networking modules (http), and gnome graphics modules etc.

Python could be a really good thing to build boot-floppies around, worth
consideration for the next-generation foppies.

Glenn McGrath