Re: PCMCIA problems

On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 12:45:23AM +0100, Stefan Gybas wrote:
> I have a problem with dbootsratp/netconfig: How can I find out if a network
> interface is a PCMCIA card?

Why do you want to in particular?

You could possibly use `cardctl ident' to get some useful info [0],
but that's probably a bit dubious. ifconfig and everything else just
treats it like any other network card, as far as I'm aware.

I'd have thought a ``Do you use PCMCIA for your network? [yes/no]'' question
would've been the way to do it, personally.

Cheers,
aj

[0] On my system it comes up with:
        Socket 0:
          no product info available
        Socket 1:
          product info: "PCMCIA", "Ethernet Card", ""

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds