Re: PCMCIA problems

Anthony Towns wrote:

> Why do you want to in particular?

Because the PCMCIA configuration needs to be written to
/etc/pcmcia/network.opts instead on /etc/network/interfaces.

When the system boots up, ifup is run in runlevel S but the PCMCIA services
are not available until runlevel 2 so you have to log in as root and
type "ifup -a" to set up your PCMCIA interface if the PCMCIA configuration
is in /etc/network/interfaces.

> I'd have thought a ``Do you use PCMCIA for your network? [yes/no]'' question
> would've been the way to do it, personally.

I guess that's what I have to do. Were the PCMCIA interfaces called pcmcia
in kernel 2.0?

--
Stefan Gybas