post installation and reboot tasks (was Re: diskles-image-*)

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> One thing I'm not sure about is if I should replace the adduser call with
> debconf code or not. It'd be more consitent, but also duplicate code.

I would do the following in debconf:

  * ask if installer wants to create a user account
  * if so, ask for username
  * then invoke 'adduser <username>'

That would be no code duplication...

> > I'd love to work closely with you to get all this in.  All the logic
> > is already there, we just gotta port it to debconf and stitch it
> > together in the right order.  It's this last 10% of work which will
> > make installation feel *so* much nicer for users.
>
> Yep.
>
> I will make this my priority beginning Wednesday. I have to catch up on
> nearly 2 weeks of work and get DWN out before I can dovote much time to it.

Ok -- excellent.  I'll see what I can do to clear the path for you.
Hopefully we can have a 2.2.5 some time this week which will include a
base with debconf-tiny.

In summary, after installation of base, dbootstrap will do the
timezone configuration etc as per normal.  Yadda yadda, then, in this
order:

 1. reboot into system

 2. run joey's debconf'ified replacement postinst script

 3. apt configurator

 4. xviddetect's anXious

 5. tasksel

 6. ask user whether they wanna install base directly (apt-get) or run
    dselect instead