Re: manual selection of devices

Hi MArk
I tried getting md devices detected this way, one thing is md devices
are numbered /dev/md0, /dev/md1 upto /dev/md15, i used "/dev/md{'0'-'9'}
or however the old code went, and that was fine, but it then effectively
detected partitions as drives, which causes a few problems when tryign
to associate a filesystem to it. Because a md type partition could hold
any type of filesystem.

I think it would be good to handle md devices in in a way similar to
this, but i kinda got bogged down trying to make dbootsrap recognise a
drive as a partition. as well.

Changing my approach to manual selection of device was influenced by the
fact that it was a requested feature and it could fix a number of
situations.

Actually its been a good learning process im startign to know dbootstrap
now.

Anyway ive got my hire car waiting to be abused, im gunna have to pack
my computer up soon, hertz are gunna hate me im gunna drive >1/2 way
around australia.

I look forward to geting into it in a week and a bit.

cyas

Glenn MCGrath