Re: Debian Boot Floppies CVS: boot-floppies andersee

On Fri Nov 26, 1999 at 06:08:47PM +0100, Hartmut Koptein wrote:
> > >                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^
> > >
> > > This is a step back then. With INCLUDE_DBOOTSTRAP=1 it _was_ possible to start
> > > utilities/dbootstrap/dbootstrap and you saw the menus and to test it all.
> > >

> > I don't understand your concern. PReviously, you needed
> > a special INCLUDE_DBOOTSTRAP=1 to induce dbootstrap to be
> > a stand-alone executable. Now dbootstrap is _always_ a
> > stand alone executable. How is that bad?
>
> If i start dbootstrap i get an 'Segmentation fault'; As it was with the old
> dbootstrap, if not with INCLUDE_DBOOTSTRAP=1.
>
> So, to be sure: You all can go into utilities/dbootstrap and run 'dbootstrap'
> and it works? With all menus, ... ?

Ok.  It segfaults.  The segfault is unrelated to INCLUDE_DBOOTSTRAP:

0x804b4fb in boxInit () at boxes.c:99
99              newtDrawRootText((w-strlen(msg))/2, -5, msg);
(gdb) p msg
$1 = 0x0
(gdb)
(gdb) list
94              for(j=0;j<h;j++)
95                  putchar('\n');
96              newtCls();
97              newtSetSuspendCallback(suspend, NULL);
98              msg = _("Debian GNU/Linux System Installation");
99              newtDrawRootText((w-strlen(msg))/2, -5, msg);
100             newtPushHelpLine(_("              <Up>/<Down> between elements   |  <Enter> selects"));
101             stderrToTTY(3);
102     }
103

Hmm. For some reason msg = _("foo") is leaving msg=NULL.  wierd.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org