Re: naive suggestion re: i18n?

Gleydson Mazioli da Silva <gleydson@linuxbr.com.br> writes:

> I know that all currently boot-floppies development is
> being concentrated in it work but some are being
> discussed about install disks for languages
> other than English (i18n install disks).
>
> Today the currently boot-floppies version is
> monolanguage (one set of disks to each language).

Well, we *might* have enough play on the rootdisk to include multiple
.trm files.  They are quite small, no?

Of course, there are *charset* issues too which are much much harder
to cope with.  I would like to assume, of course, whatever standard
8-bit console which Linux and all the tools can deal with for now...

> Is there some plan to release "multi-language"
> disks after Potato?

As soon as we have a viable plan, I don't see what's holding us back...