Re: naive suggestion re: i18n?

Martin Schulze wrote:
>> instead of having one set of boot floppies that contain all the
>>differnet language strings, is it possible to split up the image so
>>that we have a disk image for each supported language? is that too
>>much work to be worth  the effort? it seems like we can realize
>>significant savings there...

>It's not too much work but too much space.

>7 arch's, 20 subarch's, 10 languages, multiply that with 1.44MB

I know that all currently boot-floppies development is
being concentrated in it work but some are being
discussed about install disks for languages
other than English (i18n install disks).

Today the currently boot-floppies version is
monolanguage (one set of disks to each language).

Is there some plan to release "multi-language"
disks after Potato?
gleydson
gleydson@linuxbr.com.br
gleydson_s@yahoo.com

MailBR - O e-mail do Brasil -- http://www.mailbr.com.br
Estamos concorrendo ao IBEST - Serviços On-Line
Acesse http://ibest.mailbr.com.br e Vote!