Re: dzinstall 1.0.40

* "Massimo" == Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@cs.unitn.it> wrote:

Massimo> The bad news is that nobody really cares about the automatic
Massimo> installation.  I'm installing and configuring automatically
Massimo> debian systems from months now, but it seems that everyone
Massimo> else prefer the `hacker' masochistic way to do it.

No, certainly not. I like to have this kind of automatism. Or even
further, where I can run apt-get upgrade and know that I won't have to
answer questions (not even for the conffiles).

Unfortunately, I don't have the coding knowledge to do something on
this side.

I will speak in favor for a solution anytime, and I try to do as much
in this direction as possible (not much more than making sure my
package don't ask questions in postinst so far).

Unfortunately, the different possible solutions seems to lead to yet
endless debates.

How about packaging your system, giving it sufficient docs and upload
to unstable.  If more people actually use it, it could generate more
awareness or start a process of giving this already packaged solution
a official blessing.

Just to let you know that you are not alone.

Ciao,
	Martin