Re: dzinstall 1.0.40

> Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@cs.unitn.it> writes:
>
> > The bad news is that nobody really cares about the automatic installation.
> > I'm installing and configuring automatically debian systems from months now,
> > but it seems that everyone else prefer the `hacker' masochistic way to do it.
>
> No!  I'm sure there are folks using your install disks.  We are
> currently sifting through them to figure out if we can add a 2.2.x
> kernel and our own keymap.  What needs to be included in the kernel?
> We are considering it as a simple easy way for blind people to be able
> to install debian with little or no experience.

I haven't tried, but it should be sufficient to replace the linux kernel
image and the modules floppy in the disks-i386 directory.
The current linux kernel (2.0.36) has all the scsi drivers, nfs, and all
the usual stuff. All the network drivers are compiled as modules.

For the keymap there is a `keyb' script (be careful, it is an hardlink to
some other file) and a config_keyboard() in the dzinstall script. Add the
code of your language and add the keymap to the keymap file in etc.

Remember also that the latest version of dzinstall downloadable from my web
site is old and buggy. I'm working on a new version which I hope to upload
next week.

--
Massimo Dal Zotto

|  Massimo Dal Zotto               email: dz@cs.unitn.it               |
|  Via Marconi, 141                phone: ++39-0461534251              |
|  38057 Pergine Valsugana (TN)      www: http://www.cs.unitn.it/~dz/  |
|  Italy                             pgp: finger dz@tango.cs.unitn.it  |