What is the best way to install potato?

I wonder what the best way is to install potato since there
are no boot floppies and a base system for potato.

Iv'e pllayed around and came up with this:

- Booted from my slink CD and installed the base.
- Skiped the last two steps ('profile' select and dselect).
- Executed: apt-get dist-upgrade (from my local mirror with unstable)

At this point in time there _should_ be a potato base
with an slink kernal.

- Use dselect in the normal fasion (with unstable ofcourse)

Is this the correct/best way to get potato installed ?
What is the best way to install a 2.2 kernel?
What sub versionn of the kernel? (11?, 12?)

Any comments?

Thanx,

Onno