Re: rc?.d configuration

Matt Porter wrote:
> > > Consider this a good report.  I will probably roll my changes in a couple
> > > days if my testing goes well.  I've been running lots of installs on my
> > > PowerPC PReP hardware with no major problems using my changes to CVS.
> >
> > How did you manage to work with pointerize?  It only produces junk on
> > my machine.
>
> I'm afraid this won't help you...it just works. :-)  When I first got
> started with boot-floppies, Hartmut sent me the pointerize package that
> was unreleased since I was having build problems and the errors were
> non-obvious.  Haven't had a problem with it except trying to understand
> how to add a new message with breaking everything.

Referring to <19990529205007.J1146@finlandia.infodrom.north.de> can you
help me with the following:

make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/debian/work/boot-floppies/utilities/dbootstrap/po'
make -C po C.mo
make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/src/debian/work/boot-floppies/utilities/dbootstrap/po'
make[4]: `C.mo' is up to date.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/debian/work/boot-floppies/utilities/dbootstrap/po'
cp po/C.mo C.mo
gen-header C.mo
cc -D_GNU_SOURCE  -DARCH=i386 -DARCHNAME='"i386"'  -DKVER='"2.2.7"'  -Wall -g -DINCLUDE_DBOOTSTRAP   -c baseconfig.c -o baseconfig.o
echo "#line 1 \"bootconfig.c\"" >tmp.bootconfig.c
pointerize -m C.mo <bootconfig.c >>tmp.bootconfig.c
cc -D_GNU_SOURCE  -DARCH=i386 -DARCHNAME='"i386"'  -DKVER='"2.2.7"'  -Wall -g -DINCLUDE_DBOOTSTRAP -o bootconfig.o -c

Can you send me the tmp.bootconfig.c file so I know what is is ought
to look like and can try to munge pointerize.

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.