Re: rc?.d configuration

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Martin Schulze wrote:

> Matt Porter wrote:
> > > Yeah, I haven't heard of anyone yet actually being able to build a
> > > potato-based boot-floppies yet.  It's a shame.  I hope we don't go
> > > into freeze with a badly broken package again...
>
> > Consider this a good report.  I will probably roll my changes in a couple
> > days if my testing goes well.  I've been running lots of installs on my
> > PowerPC PReP hardware with no major problems using my changes to CVS.
>
> How did you manage to work with pointerize?  It only produces junk on
> my machine.

I'm afraid this won't help you...it just works. :-)  When I first got
started with boot-floppies, Hartmut sent me the pointerize package that
was unreleased since I was having build problems and the errors were
non-obvious.  Haven't had a problem with it except trying to understand
how to add a new message with breaking everything.

> > mmporter@home.com
> > This is Linux Country. On a quiet night, you can hear Windows reboot.
>
> Mind if I steal this .sig?  It's wonderful!

Take it. :)

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com