Re: color_or_monochrome.c

Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> writes:

   On Sat, Mar 27, 1999 at 05:17:09PM -0500, Ben Pfaff wrote:
   > Is there a reason that color_or_monochrome() does not use the generic
   > interface in boxes.h, but instead accesses newt directly?  Unless
   > there are objections, I'm going to rewrite it so that it does use the
   > generic functions.  I don't see any point to duplicating code without
   > necessity.

   There are two reasons:
   - color_or_monochrome.c calls SLang functions directly in some points,
     so it's not just a matter of using boxes.c for drawing the dialog
     boxes...

I see the use of only two non-newt features: drawRoot(),
SLtt_Use_Ansi_Colors.  These could easily be encapsulated in one or
two new boxes.h functions.

   - I was planning to remove it on potato, defaulting to color, and using a
     boot option to select monochrome. Comments?

Sounds good to me.  If that's what we're going to do then I won't
bother.  BTW it's amazing how good-looking & high-contrast the VGA16
interface is, even in grayscale.