Re: Merging graphical boot floppies

Hartmut Koptein <koptein@et-inf.fho-emden.de> writes:

   You have write acess as a debian maintainer. But i think it is a good
   idea to create first only the sub-directory in utilities and not adding
   files to dinstall currently. So everyone can co it and test it.

   How will you seperate it:  make 'normal' , make graphical ?

Maybe.  Does anyone have a suggestion on this point?

   Your bogl isn't arch/fbdev clean. Please look at this:

   gcc -c -g -O3 -Wall -W  -DBOGL_VGA16_FB   bogl.c -o bogl.o
   bogl.c:58: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `visible'
   bogl.c: In function `bogl_init':
   bogl.c:130: `FB_TYPE_VGA_PLANES' undeclared (first use in this function)
   bogl.c:130: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
   bogl.c:130: for each function it appears in.)
   bogl.c: In function `draw_enable':
   bogl.c:313: `FB_TYPE_VGA_PLANES' undeclared (first use in this function)
   make: *** [bogl.o] Error 1

   Btw: look at the CFLAGS line; -Werror is not a good choice.

It does make it easier to find and fix all warnings, but I'll take it
out for the boot-floppies CVS; remind me if I forget.

   To explain it a little bit:

   I have not patched the kernel with your VGA16 diff. It must!! be possible
   to use the fb-devices in the kernel or as modules, that are available.
   So please seperate it and use only the kernel headers for the
   framebuffer devices.

Shouldn't be a problem, it's only the one new #define that I added to
the kernel headers.  The vga16fb is destined to be merged upstream
sometime anyway.

I'm thinking about writing a cfb8 BOGL driver later today.  It'll be a
relaxing break from the hellish chaos of my EE410 homework.
--
"Let others praise ancient times; I am glad I was born in these."
--Ovid (43 BC-18 AD)