Re: Install manual, Finnish translation STARTED

On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 03:38:50PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:17:41 +0000, Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> said:
> > Just to be sure: to add the spanish translation of the install
> > manual to the boot-floppies sources I just have to put it in
> > documentation/install.es.sgml , right?
>
> Yes, let's do that.
>
> >> That seems like the best place to put it.  I don't know how we're
> >> going to handle looping over the Makefile for each language, *and*
> >> for each platform -- clues?
>
> > Not from me, I'm still thinking about the best way to build all the
> > translated rescue floppies... :-(
>
> In top level Makefile:
>
> ALL_LINGUA := C es de fi		# could be auto-detected ...?
>
> all-lang-releases:
> 	set -e						;\
> 	for lang in $(ALL_LINGUA); do			\
> 		$(MAKE) LINGUA=$$lang release		;\
> 	done

I guess that won't work... "$(MAKE) LINGUA=foo release" won't rebuild the
rescue disk (and _just_ the rescue disk, no need to rebuild anything
else) if it's been built with LINGUA=bar. We need something like
	$(MAKE) clean-rescue
	$(MAKE) LINGUA=$$lang rescue<whatever>
	$(MAKE) release-rescue
where "clean-rescue" must clean busybox and dbootstrap too.

> # for my benefit...
> all-lang-docs:
> 	set -e						;\
> 	for lang in $(ALL_LINGUA); do			\
> 		$(MAKE) LINGUA=$$lang docs		;\
> 	done
>
> all-lang-all-arch-docs:
> 	for lang in $(ALL_LINGUA); do			\
> 		$(MAKE) LINGUA=$$lang all-arch-docs	;\
> 	done

That looks fine. Are you going to commit the change to CVS or should I do
it?

	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es