Install manual, Finnish translation STARTED

Some practical matters about Installation manual translations

I have STARTED to translate the "Installing Debian GNU/Linux 2.1"
manual to finnish, in co-operation with Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho. There
are some issues that need resolving, probably other translations have
these same problems but I have not been able to see those other
translations to check them out.

Some of the issues:

- I made a dictionary file, for translating terms between english and
finnish. This is partly for Kaijanaho and me so we use the terms
consistently, but depending on how it turns out, it might be useful
for the finnish reader also. Can I add a dictionary chapter to the
Installation Manual?

- Kaijanaho translated debiandoc-sgml to finnish. This translated
version is available in potato, but I have not installed that for my
own machine yet. But this version would be needed also on the machine
that produces the distributed versions of Installation Manual, so the
finnish translation is complete.

- What should I do with the translation? I gathered from discussions
that I should have the file install.fi.sgml in the same directory as
the install.sgml so the *.ent files are available. I have set it up
this way at my own machine, and created a makefile to produce the
readable formats.

- I was going to translate the Intel x86 version, but since the .sgml
source file is set up so that it contains architecture specific parts,
most of the translation for other architecture gets done as a side
effect. But should I translate all architectures, even those I can not
use to check the translation, or expect contribution from other
finnish speakers who have actually installed on those other
architectures?

- Are the other translations available somewhere?

--
Tapio Lehtonen
Tapio.Lehtonen@IKI.FI