URGENT: boot-floppies 2.1.7 CVS is *not* in sync; need to build 2.1.8 ASAP

We have a problem.  I'd like to see an NMU of boot-floppies 2.1.8
fixing critical things ASAP.  Unfortunatley, Enrique is out until
Thursday.

Making matters worse, there are several changes in 2.1.7 which were
never put into CVS; moreover, the CVS tag was never made.  *sigh*.

I'm going thru a diff from the boot-floppies source package, comparing
it with CVS, and updating CVS where necessary.  Can someone else
actually *build* the new boot floppies, someone who has done it before?

In general, we need a release process like so:

  * make all cvs commits, finalize the debian/changelog file
  * cvs tag the boot-floppies version number
  * export the tagged boot-floppies
  * build from exported dir

If we used cvs-buildpackage, it could accomplish the last three goals.