Re: Update to tasks production (Was: Debian Boot Floppies CVS: boot-floppies bortz

On Thu, Jan 07, 1999 at 05:43:58PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> > Done. It's the first time I remove a directory with CVS, I hope I
> > did it right.
>
> No, I don't think you did do it correctly.
>
> What you have to do is, supposing foo is the dir to be removed:
>
>  cd foo
>  cvs rm -f *
>  cvs commit -m 'removing obsolete files'
>  cd ..
>  cvs update -P # prune empty dirs

"cvs update -P" only affects your own checkout, not everyone else's; in
order to obtain sensible results with cvs, you should _always_ use the -P
option to update and you may often need the -d option to create any new
directories as well (though using -d is slower).  If you ever run update
without -P in the future, the empty directory will come back.

(My apologies if the cvs developers have _finally_ decided to just make -P
the default and save us all the annoyance.)

Have fun,

Avery