Re: netbooting imac, docs not ok..

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 02:52:33PM +0200, segfault@chello.se wrote:

> > I believe that the problem is that the kernel and/or initrd is too big
> > for netbooting via yaboot. Not idea how you do that. Not sure what your
> > exact problem is, as i don't use netbooting on pmac hardware.
>
> Well, see you sent lots of mails on that bug report. So I guess that this
> should be fixed soon. I'm only sad Ethan doesn't like to have stuff included
> in yaboot 1, it really need new features.

Yeah.

> > It works fine on my chrp based pegasos box though.
>
> Hmm? The code being patched says you can't do it because the
> buffer is to small, what is it you can do? btw pegasos that's the
> Amiga right?

Well, i don't use yaboot, but load the kernel directly by the OF. About
Pegasos and Amiga, well, yes, the Pegasos runs morphos which is an
amigaos cleanroom reimplementation, it has no right to the amiga
trademark though, but i wont go into those infigthings stories here.

As far as i am concerned, the pegasos is a micro-atx chrp board, with
1GHz G4 processor, and runs linux quite nicely.

> Well my bugreport really wasn't about this, it was about getting
> netbooting to work, it was anoying that the manual said it was more
> or less like booting an ordinary machine but it's not. I'm guessing
> it's alot morecommon to try to boot Macs than other CHRP platforms,
> so it would be nice to have in the manual
>
> So my question is how can I do this? Where is the source for the
> manual.

Yeah, the manual needs updating, there was a thread about this a big
earlier on.

Friendly,

Sven Luther