Re: Bug in debian-non-US?

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 06:29:28PM +0100, Leopold Palomo Avellaneda wrote:
> I have download the bootbf2.4.iso from
> http://people.debian.org/~dwhedon/boot-floppies/
>
> (I'm talking all the time of i386 arch)
>
> and I have burned it. Everything goes Ok, I could boot, I begin to
> install, and when I try to put a debian-non-US mirror (I'm in europe)
> I have realise that every mirror that I put dodn't work (at east the
> three spanish and one in denmark). What's happens?
>
> Well the question is when you put your the address to download
> packages (ex):
>
> http://www.mirror_elsewhere.elsewhat/debian-non-US or
> ftp:://www.mirror_elsewhere.elsewhat/debian-non-US

Don't. :-) /debian-non-US only contains the parts of Debian that can't
go in the "US" archive for one reason or another, and it doesn't contain
the files required for installation. Those mirrors probably contain a
/debian directory alongside /debian-non-US, and you should use that
instead.

After installation you'll be able to install non-US packages.

Cheers,