Re: Booting 2.4.18 kernel from Adaptec 2100s configured as RAID-1

#include <hallo.h>
Neil S Hamilton wrote on Sun Jul 14, 2002 um 09:41:11PM:

> /etc/lilo.conf (I can't currently copy/paste this) installs the MBR to
> /dev/sda and gives the root as /dev/sda3.
>
> Running Lilo seems to go fine, but on reboot, with SCSI selected in the
> BIOS, I get a string of numbers printed when LILO loads - I _think_ this
> is the letter "L", followed by "01 01 01 01 01...." which I understand

IDE/SCSI mixture is your problem. You should already know it if you use
a such combination, if you don't - RTFM. The installer suggests to
create a boot floppy - did you?

> Please - can anybody help me with this configuration. All I want to
> achieve is a basic install to work on, of the 2.4.18 kernel, supporting
> my Adaptec 2100s and my 3Com 3c905 network cards (I understand the
> 3c59x.o module does that).

Run setup again. Do the same things. After you installed LILO the first
time, go to the second console. Run "chroot /target". Run "editor
/etc/lilo.conf". READ THE COMMENTS. There is an example for you. Modify
as needed. Then exit nano and run lilo. Hm, I think you will also need
to "mount /proc" before and "umount /proc" afterwards.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm going round in circles and
> running out of ideas.

Uhm. Without ideas, you should on the internet.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
We just typed make...
(Stephen Lambrigh, Director of Server Product Marketing at Informix