[d-i] debconf, partitioning widget?

in order to get debian-installer into working shape, it is obvious
that the user has some way to partition the hard drive.  An
auto-partitioner will probably only need debconf as it's UI.  However,
manual partitioning using debconf will be very painful.  Developing a
debconf partitioning widget might be a little overkill, so I am not
sure how we want to solve this challenge.

Does anybody have a suggestion on how to solve this problem?

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-