Re: sshfs failure

On Saturday 12 August 2017 06:25:21 Marcus Poller wrote:

> Hi Gene,
> Cc debian-arm,
>
> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > gene@coyote:/etc$ sshfs -o pi@picnc:/ /sshnet/picnc
> > missing host
>
> This does not appear right to me. Let's check your your ssh-options:
>
> The command line in this e-mail could be a typo. If not, you have been
> executing sshfs with an extra "-o "-option. [1]

Correct, dunno where it came from as I was execing a copy/paste
from /etc/rc.local on this machine.
>     sshfs "-o pi@picnic:/" "/sshnet/" ""
>     source host: /sshnet
>     target host: <empty>
>     additional options: pi@picnic:/
>
> Besides the typo I want to exclude ssh-control-master errors and
> ssh-config error. Try
>
>     ssh -Ostop pi@picnic
is an error:
No ControlPath specified for "-O" command

>     ssh -F /dev/null pi@picnc 'true' && echo "name resolution
> successfull and independ of ssh_config"
works:

gene@coyote:/etc$ ssh -F /dev/null pi@picnc 'true' && echo "name
resolution successfull and independ of ssh_config"
pi@picnc's password:
name resolution successfull and independ of ssh_config

> sshfs -F /dev/null pi@picnc:/ /sshnet/
Now that its working, complains the mountpoint is not empty.

> If it still does not work, we may check FUSE vs non-FUSE filesystems.
>
> Marcus

It worked using the IP.

> [1] https://linux.die.net/man/1/sshfs

Thanks Marcus.