Re: Cross build an arm Debian Live system

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> >  NB: Linaro doesn't use jasper, but AFAIK Ubuntu still does albeit there
> >  might be plans to move away from it.
> what does linaro use?

 Right now, we don't generate any "live" image in the sense of a
 read-only rootfs + read-write overlay with an embedded installer;
 instead we generate pre-built rootfs directly usable to boot a device.
 Effectively, this is shipping an "installed" image with a pre-created
 linaro user.  Not something that Debian or Ubuntu would want in its
 form though, but handy for Linaro users to quickly start using ARM
 images without running any installer and with best performance.

--
Loïc Minier