Re: How to install nvidia driver

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 05:35:26PM +1100, Dean Hamstead wrote:
> here here
>
> is that likely to happen though?

No.  I suspect they consider the development costs too high and the
competition too high for them to release any such stuff at this time.
ATI seems to release enough specs for their older radeon cards
(9200/9250 level) for open source drivers to be developed, although that
takes a lot of work, since they are only releasing the programing info,
not their driver sources showing how they used it to do 3D as far as I
can tell.  nvidia seems to release nothing other than 2D programing info
on their cards.

Anyone got programing specs on an XS24Z?  I have one I would love to see
working with linux (heck even 2D would be a start). :)