Re: trouble with all mozilla-related packages

I have been avoiding mozilla-browser 1.7 as everybody says it segfaults,
but 1.6 works fine for me.

I don't get that problem with mozilla-firefox 0.8.  It starts and does
what it's supposed to do.  Attempts to compile mozilla-firefox 0.9 from
the mozilla.org sources, however, result in segfaults (though maybe
compiling with just -O would fix this, I haven't tried).

I get the same problem with mozilla-thunderbird 0.6.  Compiling it with
-O -DDEBIAN and even -O0 -DDEBIAN fails to fix anything.  The
mozilla.org mozilla-thunderbird 0.7 sources also segfault (though I
haven't tried them with -O either).  The mozilla-thunderbird 0.5
binaries work fine, but it's pretty sad that "unstable" is effectively
three versions out of date.

-- Alexander Rapp