Re: Kernel 2.6 and SMP

Hi,

>BTW lockup and SRM: the machine has a "halt" button which of course
>helps to get into SRM but whatever I do then (like "boot -fl i") it
>complains about "halt button pressed" and that it can't do anything. I
>guess that there's some pretty simple magic to convince him besides
>pressing reset (which takes quite a while). Does anyone know the
>trick?

Yeah, releasing the button ;-) At least on my AS4100, once pressed,
it stays activated (LED is lit) and pressing it again deactivates -
I can boot then. With the mentioned consequences (crash), however....

HTH,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Suicide Drive (The Deep Eynde)